Enterprise Computing Lifecycle Management Platform Products Team Job Description
EC Service L3 operations
Experience: 3-6 Years
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets. Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations. Enterprise Computing (EC) is a department of Core Infrastructure that provides a collection of products and services that make up the Morgan Stanley core compute infrastructure, hosting platforms and supporting application services. Solutions are delivered across the infrastructure stack from foundational hardware platforms, storage, server operating systems and virtualization up through the hosting of common web, database, middleware and reporting services. These offerings are complemented with valuable management and self-service tools along with authentication services.
EC Platform Products Lifecycle Position Description
The EC Lifecycle Management Platform team is responsible for the assessment, reporting, planning and execution of certain facets of platform product’s lifecycle such as vulnerability management and version hygiene to ensure that deployment and usage of these products in the firm’s production and non-production environments results in a more stable, current and secure infrastructure. The web/core platform products covers: Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, F5/A10, zookeeper, Lightstreamer, Stunnel, IIS, Gemfire etc), that spans from intranet Web farms, middleware to DMZ Client facing technology hosting platform.
In summary, the main responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Work with Engineering/operational SMEs and use existing tools or develop new tools to accurately report the current versions (major and minor) of all vendor related software and hardware across Web/Core products and establish a set of repeatable processes to regularly update/upgrade the versions to a more recent one;
- Deploy and maintain products versions dashboard, provide regular reporting and participate vendor engagement with Engineering and operations;
- Work with firm’s Technology Risk department and Products Engineering/Operations and product management etc to assess, report and track remediation of vulnerabilities across Platform Products;
- Participate regularly (or monthly) CVEs review, provide timely updates and report on the status of the CVEs and related patching and upgrade;
- Establish repeatable and regular patching/upgrade processes (analyze, plan, deploy and report) for major Web/Core products;
- Work with Products owners (Engineering, operation and product managers) and Hygiene Program PMOs to accurately assess, report and track remediation of hygiene items across Platform products;
- Provide regularly Hygiene reports with key highlights and risks;
- Assist and oversee products owners (engineering and operations) to formalize patching/upgrade planning, and deployment best practice;
- Assess and develop necessary tooling/automation for regular lifecycle functions;
- On a needed basis, provide project management and deployment/execution for certain special projects.
Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience in product and project management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with multiple stake holders in a large corporate setting;
- Knowledge of system software / hardware, networks and operating systems;
- Knowledge and experience in Linux and Windows;
- Knowledge of processes and tools utilized for system management, problem reporting and change management;
- Working Experience in above mentioned web and platform products;
- Proficient in scripting language for automation.
- Technical Upgrade products
- Developing dash boards
- Operational work in past
- L2 /L3 support
- Fix issues