Exp – 3+yrs
Job Level: INT/SPE
Remote Software Support Engineer would work in collaboration with other organization like GFD, ERT to resolve complex break fix issues remotely and also contribute in planning, design, implementation and all kind of Host based and Array based break fix/ consulting on need basis remotely. The applicant needs to be highly customer focused, solutions oriented with a holistic view of customer environments and demonstrate an ability to work in a globally diverse high performance team.
HPE Host Applications Team Software Support Engineer works on 3PAR/Primera Host and Array based software stacks like Recovery Manager Suites, Data Optimization Software Suite, Reporting Software Suite, Data Replication Suite, File Persona and Data Migration Software Suites. Remote Software Support Consultant will be expected to work on Complex Break fix cases and perform planning, design, implementation, upgrades and expansion of existing environment, deployments and deliver proactive services to new and existing install base worldwide using remote support tools and methodologies. Candidates are expected to be proficient in system and change management best practices and must demonstrate strong hands on experience. In addition, they should demonstrate coordination skills to direct the work of onsite resources as required. The role does not require travel.
Education and Experience Required
• 5+ years of experience in technical support on Storage software and hardware.
• 3+ years of experience with enterprise storage systems required, preferably HP 3PAR StoreServ/ Primera products.
• Advanced technical troubleshooting skills required
• Good knowledge and exposure TCP/IP, clustering, SAN fabrics, Fiber Channel
• Good knowledge and exposure to Windows and Unix Operating Systems
• Good knowledge and exposure SCSI, iSCSI, FCoE, FCIP & Snapshot Technology
• Good knowledge and exposure to Storage Replication/ DR Solutions and Data Migration.
• Good knowledge and exposure to VMware, VMware vCenter and Hyper-V virtualization.
• Good knowledge and exposure to Exchange, MsSQL and Hyper-V.
• Good knowledge and exposure to MS Failover Clustering, VMware Site Recovery Manager
• Basic knowledge on Database and Backup technologies
• Proven ability to be proactive, productive, and a flexible team member who is capable of working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Willing to work in 24/7 shifts
• Excellent Team Player
It is imperative that the applicant possess the right attitude to embrace changes in technology and he/she demonstrate the ability to work outside comfort zone in gaining skills on all components in the solution stack.
Additional Preferable Skills:
• Good knowledge on Service Guard Cluster.
• Good Knowledge on HP 3PAR Recovery Managers for MSSQL, Oracle, Exchange, Hyper-V, VMware
• Good Knowledge on Storage Tiering like Adaptive Optimization