You are required to be a technologist with a solid command of distributed technologies – primarily Java and Web-development. You will be owning the development on the new platform as per established best practices, adhering to standards set up by the group and with a diligent focus on Usability and User Experience. The role involves broad engagement with the client’s wide user base, distributed across the globe to come up with an effective user interface for our onboarding and regulatory platform. You will be involved with every facet of software development, from requirement analysis, design and development to help the team continuously improve its agile development practices.
Skills Required (Must have):
The candidate must possess a strong technology background with advanced knowledge of Java and Java-based technology stack.
- At least 5 years of hand-on Java EE and core Java experience with strong leadership qualities
- Experience with web service development, REST and Services Oriented Architecture
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Design, Design patterns, Architecture and Application Integration
- Working knowledge of Databases including Design, SQL proficiency
- Strong experience with frameworks used for development and automated testing like spring, Junit, BDD etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Ability to coordinate with multiple groups, both internal and external to the firm, including offshore development and QA teams, internal infrastructure groups, vendors, and support teams.
- Strong development skills with the ability to understand technical design and translate the same into a workable solution.
- Familiarity with working in a large team.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- A background that includes strong problem solving such as system integration, infrastructure debugging, or system administration.
Good to have skills –
- Web UI JS Framework – AngularJS, ExtJS
- Pega BPM tool or any other Business Process Management tool awareness/experience
- Distributed Caching
- NoSQL – Marklogic
- Big Data technology experience – Hadoop, Apache Spark, Elastic Search
- Experience with data management through vendor feeds.